Happy New Year!
So I’ve been gone for a minute. My break wasn’t planned or intentional at first, but at the time I was super busy. So busy that I only realized how long it’d been since I last wrote anything here last week! However, with the holidays I figured my return can wait a little longer.
So… what have I been up to?
- My fiancée and I finally got married (!!!!) after having to postpone our original date due to Covid
- We bought our first house and are closing at the end of this month
- Had some big projects to complete at work
- Been fully in the thick of my group’s ambitious new D&D campaign
- I’ve also been focused more on my physical health, which will definitely continue going forward. I’ve missed weightlifting and am so excited to have space to get a proper free weight setup once we move
- Plus some other stuff that I don’t want to bother bringing up here
Needless to say, my free time’s been limited the past few months, and I had to pick something to ditch. That happened to be the blog, unfortunately, but I’ve got no regrets it’s been a fantastic few months.
The good news is since most of this stuff is over with I’m finding myself with more and more time. That will certainly change once it’ time to move, but even then I have way fewer plates to balance at this point. So with that in mind, I’m back!
I can’t guarantee a regular posting schedule. I’m going to ease myself back onto the saddle. I think the reason I ditched the blog before any other hobbies or activities was because it was getting a little stale for me. This is a hobby for me and the hobby wasn’t as fun as it once was.
But the itch to write something is back again. Still, I’m not going to overdo it. I’ll ease myself into writing whenever and whatever I want. That might mean two Monster Mondays in a row or it might mean none at all. We’ll see!
I’m tempted to make some changes around here as well, but I’m not going to do anything drastic unless I feel like it. It’s been a bit since I’ve spruced up the site and I think it’s due for a tune-up at the least.
The key takeaway of everything is this: I have no plans. I’m just happy to be here.
If you enjoyed what you read be sure to check out my ongoing review for all of the official D&D 5e books!
Sign up to get e-mail updates for new articles on Dungeon Solvers using the form below!